May you want to add a WordPress contact form to your blog but not sure how to do, right?
This article is about creating a WordPress contact form. So, I only focus on about contact form.
You might be thinking, a contact form isn’t necessary.
You are wrong.
Every blog and website should have a contact form. A contact form used by readers or visitors to ask questions, to give feedback and service request. And when you use to add a contact form, you don’t need to use your personal email, hence you’are away from spammers.
In this article, I’m going to show you exactly how can you create a contact form and contact us page. But, before we move ahead read the following Questions and Answers to avoid any confusion:
Do we require coding knowledge to create contact form?
No, we don’t require any coding knowledge. We are going to add a contact form with the help of a plugin, which is very easy to setup.
Is the contact form plugins are paid?
Almost the contact form plugins come with free as well as paid versions. We will install the free version of it. I’m using the free version, and I recommend you to use the free version. You will get all the essential features of the free plugin.
Which is the best contact form plugin?
I have used few contact form plugins, and all are best. But, there is one plugin called WPForms Lite. This plugin is very easy to set up even a newbie can customize it easily.
These are some popular WordPress plugins to create the form:
Out of those plugins, I’m going to create with WPForms Lite because:
- It’s easy to customize; even a newbie can create a form using this plugin quickly.
- 4.8 out of five stars
- It’s a free plugin(premium also available).
- Already used by 100,000+ users
With the help of this plugin, you can easily create the contact form on your blog posts, pages, sidebar, header, and footer.
Today, I will create contact form page and contact form at sidebar.
Creating A WordPress Contact Form By Installing Free Plugin:
Below I have described the complete process that will help you to create a beautiful contact form on your blog.
To install the plugin Click on Plugins section, and again click on Add New section on your WordPress dashboard.
You will see the search box, type the plugin name here.
On next, you will get the new page as below image. From here you will require to install the plugin, click on Install Now to get installed the plugin on your blog.
- Plugin Installation has finished, but we need to activate the plugin to use its features.
2. Create the Contact Form
We have successfully Installed and Activate the contact form plugin on the previous step. On, this step we are going to Create the contact form.
- From WordPress Dashboard double-click on WPForms, you will get the screen as below:
- On this page Click on Add New option to create the new contact form.
When you click on Add New section of WPForms dashboard, you will get four different form options like Blank Form, Simple Contact Form, Newsletter Signup Form and Suggestion Form.
Besides those different contact form options select Simple Contact Form and give your contact form name on top portion box and click on Create Contact Form.
The basic contact form looks as below. You can customize it according to your needs. You can add multiple fields from Standard Fields option by clicking on that particular field.
And, you can change the position of the fields with the mouse cursor. To modify the field position right click on any field and drop up or down as your requirement.
If you don’t want to customize, then click on Save button in the top corner at the right-hand side. The basic contact form looks as:
How To Create Contact Us Page Using WPForms
It takes only a few minutes to create a contact us page if you have already created the contact us form.
To create Contact Us page, we need a page. Or, you also can use your previous page if you have already created.
Let’s move on!
- Add the new page from WP dashboard.
- Give the name of your page like Contact, or, Contact Me, or Contact Us. Also, write a brief description on the page to provide good user experience.
- Now, we need the shortcode from WPForm which we already have created. To get the shortcode click on WPForms and then copy the code. On my contact form, the shortcode is like below.
- Copy the shortcode and paste it on your Contact Us page. And, the last click on save button.
Your contact us page is live now.
How To Add Contact Form To WordPress Sidebar
It’s very simple, easier than you think. This contact form is handy, you can add anywhere on your blog.
Why I’m talking to add the contact form to WordPress sidebar?
Adding a contact form to WordPress sidebar makes easier to the reader to find the contact form.
Let’s add the contact form to the sidebar using WPForms plugin.
- Go to WordPress dashboard button, click on appearances and then widget. Scrawl down the page, you can see
- To add this form to sidebar drag WPForms to Primary Sidebar. Give the name of the contact form and click on save.
The contact form on sidebar looks as below image:
That’s it! You have done.
You can add a contact form to any area of your blog and website by following above process.
If you haven’t created any contact form yet, then download and install it.
Here, I’ve only talked about WPForms plugin, but you can try other plugins too.
If you have any questions related to this plugin, then drop a comment below.